The Life Application Study Bible is today's #1 selling study Bible because it helps people see how the Scriptures are relevant to today's issues. This edition of the Life Application Study Bible lets you enjoy the best-selling Life Application features with the time-honored King James Version.
Over 10,000 Life Application notes help explain God's Word and challenge readers to apply the truth of Scripture to life
Personality profiles highlight over 100 important Bible characters
Book introductions provide vital statistics, overview, and timeline to help readers understand the message of each book
200 thumbnail maps highlight important Bible places and events
260 charts help explain difficult concepts and relationships
Harmony of the Gospels built right into the text of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John
Words of Christ in red letter
Daily reading plan
Genuine leather and bonded leather editions include gold-page edges and ribbon markerPublishers Description
1990 Gold Medallion Award winner The "Life Application Study Bible" is today's #1 selling study Bible because it helps people see how the Scriptures are relevant to today's issues. This edition of the Life Application Study Bible lets you enjoy the best-selling Life Application features with the time-honored King James Version.Special Features: Thousands of Life Application notes help explain God's Word and challenge readers to apply the truth of Scripture to life Personality profiles highlight over 100 important Bible characters Book introductions provide vital statistics, overview, and timeline to help readers understand the message of each boo
k 200 thumbnail maps highlight important Bible places and events 260 charts help explain difficult concepts and relationships Cross-references Harmony of the Gospels built right into the text of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John Dictionary/concordance Words of Christ in red letter Daily reading plan Genuine leather and bonded leather editions include gold-page edges and ribbon marker
The information in the above description is considered to be accurate to the best of our knowledge. BibleMovies.com is an online christian bookstore that carries christian DVDs, homeschooling curriculum, Bibles & electronic Bibles, biblical movies, christian games and toys for children and much, much, more! Please call us if you have any questions about our christian, Bible, family or other products.
Est. Packaging Dimensions: Length: 9.52" Width: 6.76" Height: 1.89"
Weight: 3.7 lbs.
Release Date Mar 1, 2001
Publisher Tyndale House Publishers
Bible Binding: Hardcover
Point/Type Size: 8.75
Concordance: Yes - Built In Concordance
Availability 23 units.
Availability accurate as of Aug 17, 2017 01:29.
Usually ships within one to two business days from New Kensington, PA.
Orders shipping to an address other than a confirmed Credit Card / Paypal Billing address may incur and additional processing delay.
Reviews - What do our customers think?
|Excellent Bible May 13, 2009|
|I highly recommend this Bible as it actually helps you to live the word throughout your life. It also shows similar weaknesses and strengths of the people in the Bible, and it has helped me to see that the same emotions and things I deal with the people in the Bible also dealt with. This Bible will help you to be a doer of the Word once you apply what you learn.|
|Life Changing Mar 24, 2007|
|The experience that I have had learning from this life application bible is wonderful. I like the way it flows and the way it simplifies everything. My bible classes are so much easier now.|
|Recommended -- Detailed footnotes for nearly every verse Jan 11, 2007|
|I really like this bible. There are definitions at the bottom of each pg. for the hard to understand or rarely used words. Also footnotes for nearly every verse to help understand the meaning. I prefer the KJV over the NIV (although the KJV is written in an older style text) because the NIV takes out certain parts of verses or changes words altogether which change the message. If you want to know what I mean check out Romans 8:1 for one example.|
"There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." Rom 8:1
The NIV leaves out the last part which says, "who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." Which is a very important part of the message. As cross-references would agree. We are definitely saved by grace through faith as written in Ephesians 2:8,9.
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." Eph 2:8,9
However putting this altogether as briefly as I can works do not save us but is the outward representation of our faith. James 2:17 says:
"Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone." James 2:17
If you have a bible continue reading that in context from James 2:17-26. Sorry for making this long, I hope this review has helped. If you are looking to purchase a bible I definitely recommend the Life Application Study Bible (KJV). The footnotes will help you understand the message in context if you have a hard time with the meaning.
|Good for young folks! Apr 14, 2006|
|I purchased one for each of the kids that still live with mom and dad! I like the way it draws the kids to dig deeper. That is when they grab one the Thompson Chains I have all over the house! Tyndale has done a good job with Bible construction, this is a substantial Bible.|
|KJV Genuine Leather Life Application Bible May 16, 2005|
|This review is from the standpoint of an independent fundamental Baptist believer. After years of searching for the ideal study Bible, this is as close as it comes for me!|
Things I especially like
1. Scripture is printed in paragraph format as opposed to two columns like most Bibles. I found this eminently more readable.
2. Archaic KJV words translated at the bottom of each page rather than in a dictionary.
3. Ample room for notes. Although not technically a "wide margin" Bible, there is a lot of white space. Paper is thick enough to avoid "bleed through" on many pens and dryliners. Bible stays open, even in Genesis and Revelation, without being held down.
4. Mini-maps throughout the text help keep the stories/action in perspective. Excellent maps are also in the back.
5. Like many study Bibles, there is an outline (blueprint) of the book at the beginning of each book. However, they also provide "mega-themes" which give the explanation and importance of major themes within each book; as well as a timeline -- especially helpful to place what you are reading in the context of other books in the Bible.
6. An extraordinarily well done Harmony of the Gospels.
7. Charts, notes, and biographies that help to unite the various books of the Bible together like no other Bible I have ever used. Very often the notes/charts will reference another Biblical character or portion of scripture that illuminate the passage far better than paragraphs of notes ever could. This Bible is indispensable for that reason alone.
8. The "selling point" of this Bible is the notes which are specifically designed for application rather than explanation. I find these far more helpful than the classic explanatory study notes. Many of the notes are geared toward a newer believer, but there are ample thought-provoking and "aha!" notes for mature believers as well.
Things that could improve...
1. The binding. Even the Genuine Leather is a rather stiff, cheap feeling leather, especially if you're used to Cambridge or another fine maker. Heavy use and transport of the Bible tends to break the binding, even if a cover is used. I have used the purchase box as my Bible case and not had any breakage after 2 years. Many of our church folks have broken bindings, however.
2. The book introductions are hokey, even though they contain some good material. The notes are overwhelmingly designed for personal application and reflection. Although this is not bad, there are very few notes designed to help the reader know God/Christ better.
3. This Bible, because of the wealth of material is HEAVY and Large (it barely fits in an X-Large Bible case.) While this is not a problem for most, it is uncomfortably large for many Sr. Saints to lug around or hold on their laps in church. There is really no way this could be changed without using thinner paper or removing valuable study material.
Overall, this is the most useful study Bible I have owned/used (others being Scofield, Open Bible, Thompson Chain, and Ryrie). The most valuable feature of this Bible is that the publishers have succeeded in putting the reference material - dictionary, maps, cross references, charts, and notes - into the text where it's actually used instead of stuck at the end of the Bible in a giant lump. Even after decades of faithful church attendance and Christian education, I find the notes thought-provoking. The one danger with this Bible, especially for a new Christian, is going to be reading the notes instead of the Bible.
|A great support bible Apr 12, 2005|
|This is an excellent bible for general reading and very good if you are a new Christian. It makes Scripture "reading" more accessible than any other I have seen and is probably one of the best bibles if you plan to do any reading aloud. I highly recommend this bible. However, this is not my only bible.|
There is a distinction between bible "reading" and bible "study." As Christians, we should do both. I have found that the New American Standard Bible (NASB) is one of the best translations for in-depth study. (The NASB Thompson Chain Reference is my personal favorite.) That being said, when it comes to reading, I usually reach for my wife's NLT Life Application Study Bible! I hope this helps.
Write your own review about KJV Life Application Study Bible-HC
Add This Product Widget To Your Website
Looking to add this information to your own website? Then use our Product Widget to allow you to display product information in a frame that is 120 pixels wide by 240 pixels high.
Copy and paste the following HTML into your website and enjoy!
Amazon Instant Videos